Friday, September 10, 2010

A little interlude

















I'd like to take a moment to interrupt the creative process to talk about a very useful read. Making Ideas Happen by Scott Belsky is an excellent resource for those of us dreamers who keep coming up with brilliant ideas and want a way to anchor them. It really helps with the action! side of things. I managed to borrow a brand spankin' new copy from the Vancouver Public Library recently and was charged by each chapter. I had requested it a while ago, and it seemed to fall into my lap at just the right time.

I've had two specific ideas in my head for a while now. This book helped me get the ball rolling - gathering more of the materials, acquiring the space to create, setting limitations and keeping myself constantly engaged with the process.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the recommendation jaime! I'll have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) hey no problem, bella. Hope you get your hands on a copy soon. It's a seriously motivating read.

    ReplyDelete